Next up is an interview I did with the Editor of a group of local newspapers. I thought I should prepare some questions beforehand, and found these on an excellent site that’s worth a look if you’re planning to do the four month NCTJ crammer course in Lambeth. Continue reading
But first I need to ask myself some questions:
- what does a journalist do exactly? And will a local paper be just like it is on Broadchurch?
- should I specialise in print, web or broadcast journalism?
- should I specialise in one particular area – for instance, I’m particularly interested in family and child development
- how do I gain a qualification in journalism, and again is it different for print or broadcast?
- who should I talk to first?